Recipe by Zanele Van Zyl
Prep Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 35 min
These are so delicious and a lot easier to make than I expected. Definitely worth every minute! McCain invited me to be part of the first of the four-part virtual masterclass series hosted by JSomething featuring the lovely Zanele Van Zyl. Known in Mzansi as a culinary influencer and cookbook author, Zanele created a chicken stir fry tortilla, which was brought to life with the McCain Hawaiian Stir Fry. She showed participants how to make tortillas from scratch, and shared a scrumptious butternut and sweet potato couscous salad, made with cranberries, McCain Garden Peas and McCain Butternut & Sweet Potato mix.
Lets jump straight into this mouth watering recipe:
Ingredients for Tortillas/Roti’s
* 2.5 cups self raising flour
* 1tsp salt
* 3/4 cup water
* 1/4 cup oil
* 1tsp dried parsley
Ingredients for the Chicken stir fry
* 2 chicken fillets cut in strips
* Chicken spice
* 5ml oil
* 1 small onion
* 2 cups @mccain_sa Hawaiian Stir Fry
* 15ml cream cheese
Ingredients for Sweet & Sour sauce
* 1/5 cup sugar
* 1/5 cup lemon juice
* 4 garlic cloves minced
* 1 tbsp dry chilli flakes
* 1 tbsp paprika
Directions for Tortillas
1. In a mixing bowl, sift flour. Add salt, water, oil and dried parsley. Need using your hands until a dough is formed. Create a round ball and cut into 8 portions
2. On a flat surface, sprinkle flour. Shape into balls and place on the floured surface, flatten with a rolling pin.
3. Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat.
4. Add a little oil and cook until it develops bubbles, then turn over.
5. Stack cooked tortillas and wrap them in a clean kitchen towel. This will keep them moist.
Directions for Stir fry
1. Season chicken with chicken spice and fry until cooked in a pan with some oil.
2. In the same pan, fry onion and add the McCain Hawaiian stir fry from frozen until cooked through.
Directions for Sour Sauce
1. In a seperate pan, on a low heat, add sugar, lemon juice, garlic, chilly flakes paprika and season with salt & pepper. Let it simmer and reduce
2. Turn off heat
1. Place tortillas on a flat surface and spread cream cheese on it.
2. Place the stir fry mix in the middle, drizzle with sauce, fold and close the tortillas.
Following months of increased home-cooking, consumers need options that not only make home cooking simpler, faster and more nutritious but also bring some much-needed versatility into the kitchen. Even those who love to cook may find themselves losing steam when it comes to whipping up multiple meals a day. Don’t let the anticipation of creating delicious meals burden your creative process. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at the delicious dishes that you’re able to create quickly and easily, with a little help from your friends at McCain. Just take a look at these recipes and you’ll see what we mean!
Keep an eye out on McCain’s social media platforms and follow the #MadeWithMcCain conversation on McCain Facebook or McCain Instagram or visit their website for more information on how you stand a chance to win your spot at the Mother’s Day Made With McCain Masterclass with J’Something and Drizzle & Dip’s, Sam Linsell.