They taught us how to use affordable ingredients for two delicious dishes and I want to share the one I’ve made. I tweaked the recipe slightly based on recommendations they made during the event which I knew would work better for my palate.
🍐5 @trucapefruit pears (or as many as you can fit tightly into your oven dish)
🍐Fresh ginger – grated (thumb size roughly)
🍐Knob of butter
🍐6 tsp Brown sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 180, Cut your pears in half and remove the pips.
2. Place in an ovenproof dish to fit snugly.
3. Finely grate fresh ginger and liberally sprinkle over the fruit.
4. Follow with the sugar.
5. Drizzle lemon juice over the fruit to coat the bottom of the dish, don’t be shy.
6. Place a knob of butter and a cinnamon stick piece on each piece of fruit.
7. Oven bake until cooked and caramelised – about 60 minutes depending on the size of your fruits.
Serve in a bowl, drizzle the remaining sauce in the dish over the portions. I turned the fruit over into the sauce. Add a dollop of sour cream. It would be great with mint and fresh berries too.
This is an incredible winter dessert. It’s for sure going to be what I’m making for family functions from now on. The pear gives it the most amazing texture. It’s all round a flavour explosion in your mouth. You might be wondering (like I did) how does the sour cream make any sense, trust me it does. Its so good.